Round 4!!Here is another list of health recipes. I got HERE if you want to check out the last 3 rounds I did here are links below.
Round 3A list of recipes on my blog HEREHope you Enjoy! 100 health recipes you can learn in under 15 minutes.
- Grape and Avocado Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Cranberry Citrus Compote
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
- Pear and Arugula Smoothie With Ginger and Walnuts
- Fish and shellfish recipes
- Melon Cooler
- Beet, Apple, and Mint Juice
- Groovy Green Smoothie
- Tropical Fruits with Pistachios & Coconut
- Watermelon-Yogurt Ice
- Fresh Blackberry Sauce
- Watermelon and Cantaloupe Kanten
- Easy Baked Apples
Main dish recipes
- Fontina-Fruit Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Roasted Pear & Arugula Salad with Pomegranate-Chipotle Vinaigrette
- Glazed Pork Chops and Apples Recipe
- Crown Roast of Pork with Fruit and Sausage Stuffing
- Island Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Poultry and meat recipes
Main dish recipes
- Perry’s Plate
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce
- Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Baked Lemon Chicken With Ricotta And Spring Vegetable Puree Recipe
- Low-fat Sesame Chicken With Lime And Pepper Wedges
- Asian chicken salad recipe
- Low-Fat Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo
- Grilled Lamb with Greek Salad
- Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Onion-Fig Relish
- Superfast Salisbury Steak
- Roast Lamb with Olives, Lemon & Fresh Oregano
- Grilled Steak with Whiskey Dijon BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Chicken with Mango, Bell Pepper, and Avocado
- Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich
- Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Grilled Thai Chicken Sandwich
Fish and shellfish recipes
Main dish recipes
- Bourbon-Glazed Salmon
- Baja-Battered Fish
- Adobo Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia
- Free Salmon Cakes
- Yellowfin Tuna With Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Oven-Roasted Salmon, Quinoa and Asparagus With Wasabi Oil
- Pacific Sole with Oranges & Pecans
- Salmon With Tarragon Mayo
- Whiting with lemon dill sauce
Main dish recipes
- Farfalle with Watercress, Cherry Tomatoes, and Feta
- Hearty pasta soup
- No-Bake Macaroni & Cheese
- Penne with Red Pepper Sauce and Broccoli
- Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti
- Farfalle with Zucchini and Parsley-Almond Pesto
- Pasta and Vegetable Salad
- Penne with Tuna, Plum Tomatoes, and Black Olives
- Healthy Pasta Primavera
- Pasta With Sweet Potatoes and Leeks
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Spinach-and-Artichoke Dip
- Shaved Asparagus and Goat Cheese Crostini
- Cinnamon Sugar Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Fennel with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Main dish recipes
- Vegetable and Whole Wheat Pasta Toss
- Heirloom Tomato and Onion Quiche
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard & White Beans
- Baked Ziti with Crunchy Italian Salad and Garlic Bread
- Homemade Veggie Burgers
- Garden Veggie Burgers
- Mushroom Ragoût over Creamy Polenta
- Winter Lentil Soup
- Sushi Rolls
- Portobello Mushroom Burger With Bruschetta Topping
Rice and Grain recipes
- Almond Apricot Biscotti
- Apple corn muffins
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin-hazelnut tea cake
- Rhubarb-Pecan Muffins
Main dish recipes
- Baked French Toast with Blueberries
- Buttermilk Waffles
- Polenta with fresh vegetables
- Sweet-Potato Waffles With Blueberry Syrup
- Quinoa Risotto with White Beans, Arugula, and Parmesan
- Tomato-Basil Pizza, Two Ways
- Sun-dried tomato, thyme and basil pizza
- Lemon-Thyme Polenta and Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- Arroz Hispaniola Caribbean Red Beans & Brown Rice
- Steak Fajitas
Bean and legume recipes
Main dish recipes
- Fava Beans with Pesto and Cavatappi
- Mexican Polenta Pie
- Squash Stew
- String Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- Eggs with Braised Lentils and Greens
- Peanut Noodle Salad
- Couscous, Lentil & Arugula Salad with Garlic-Dijon Vinaigrette
- Gigante Beans
- Zesty Wheat Berry-Black Bean Chili
- Pork Braised in Kiwi- Coconut Sauce with White Beans
Keeping this FOREVER. All look awesome and all are or can be vegan-ized.
Creamy Spinach Soup
Put 1 chopped onion, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 3 cups water and salt and pepper in a pot over high heat. Boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Add 10 ounces chopped spinach and 1/2 cup parsley leaves; cook until the spinach is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup Greek-style yogurt and purée. Garnish: A spoonful of Greek-style yogurt and chopped parsley.
Substitute 1 tablespoon minced ginger for the garlic and 4 cups chopped butternut squash for the spinach (it will take longer to soften). Skip the parsley and substitute half-and-half or cream for the yogurt. Garnish: A spoonful of cream.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Substitute 1 tablespoon minced ginger for the garlic, 2 cups cauliflower florets for the spinach (they will take longer to soften), 1 tablespoon curry powder for the parsley and coconut milk for the yogurt. Garnish: Chopped cilantro.
Vegetable Broth With Toast
Put 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped onions, 1 small chopped potato, 2 chopped celery ribs, 2 garlic cloves, 10 sliced mushrooms, 1 cup chopped tomatoes (canned are fine), 10 parsley sprigs, 1/2 ounce dried porcini, 8 cups water and salt and pepper in a pot over high heat. Boil, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft, 30 minutes or longer. Strain and serve over toasted good bread. Garnish: Chopped celery leaves.
Egg Drop Soup
Beat 4 eggs. Boil the strained stock, lower the heat so it simmers and add the eggs in a steady stream, stirring constantly until they’re cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped scallions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Skip the bread. Garnish: Chopped scallions.
Boil the strained stock, lower the heat so it simmers and add 3/4 cup white rice. Cook until tender, then add 2 cups fresh or frozen peas; cook for a minute or two. Skip the bread. Garnish: Grated Parmesan
Put 1 1/2 cup dried beans, 1 chopped onion, 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped celery ribs, 2 bay leaves, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves and 6 cups water in a pot over high heat. Boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the beans are soft, at least 1 hour, adding more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish: A drizzle of olive oil.
Substitute chickpeas for the beans and rosemary for the thyme and add 1 cup chopped tomatoes (canned are fine). When the chickpeas are almost tender, add 1/2 cup small pasta. Cook until the pasta and chickpeas are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish: A few chopped rosemary leaves.
Spicy Black-Bean Soup
Use black beans and substitute fresh oregano for the thyme. When the beans are done, add 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 dried or canned chipotle and the juice of a lime. Garnish: Cilantro and sour cream.
Sauté 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped celery rib and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups cubed potatoes and salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped tomatoes (canned are fine) and 5 cups water. Boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped green beans; simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish: Chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
Substitute 1 1/2 pounds sliced mushrooms (preferably an assortment) for the potatoes; sauté until they brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Substitute ½ cup white wine for the tomatoes, skip the green beans and add a fresh thyme sprig with the water. Garnish: A few thyme leaves.
Use 2 tablespoons minced garlic and substitute 2 tablespoons tomato paste for the celery. Skip the potatoes and green beans; use 3 cups tomatoes and 3 cups water. Cook the tomatoes for 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish: Lots of chopped or torn basil
All of these recipes serve four, and you’ll want about a 2.5-to-4-quart (medium or large) pot. Most can be cooked for a while — but not so long that the freshness is gone. Most will taste as good or better the next day, so consider making a double batch and refrigerating (or freezing) the leftovers. But never boil a soup after you’ve added dairy to it; instead, reheat gently.
If you want a supersmooth soup (and just about any of these soups can be puréed if you like), use a standing blender — let the soup cool a bit first — which creates a finer purée than an immersion blender does; you might even strain the soup after puréeing it.
Garnishes are all optional, though herbs add a dimension that will be lacking otherwise. If you taste as you’re cooking, you’ll be fine, because there is really nothing to go wrong here.
OMG ALL THE SOUP I LOOOOVE <333
Garlic bread goes good with all the soup. :3
(ONLY THE PICTURE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR BLOG)
apple stuffed french toast
baby step buns
dairy and gluten free pancakes
double whole grain pancakes
eggie veggie bake
egg white crepes
egg white veggie omelet
fluffy canadian pancakes
ginger bread oatmeal
gluten free banana bread pancakes
gluten free coconut pancakes
turkey breakfast sausage
vegan and gluten free peach crisp
vegan banana oatmeal waffles
whole grain pancakes
asian chicken salad
baked zucchini fries
bbq tuna fritters
crispy eggplant with spicy tomato sauce
grilled fish tacos
hawaian chicken kabobs
skinny tuna melt
sweet potato chips
vegetarian sloppy joes
whole wheat and honey pizza crust
baked basil zucchini
baked macaroni and cheese
baked turkey burgers
bbq lime and mango turkey
bbq rosemary sweet potato
black bean veggie burgers
chicken, avocado salad
citrus grilled chicken
garlic and lime shrimp
garlic and parmesan turkey meatballs
garlic and rosemary chicken
moroccan apricot chicken tenders
mushroom pizza with caramalised onions
oven fried eggplant
pecan crusted dover sole
pineapple pork kebobs
pork fried rice
roasted rosemary root vegetables
seasoned potato wedges
slow cooker meatloaf
slow cooker pineapple chicken verde
slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches
slow cooker rosemary chicken
slow cooker two bean chicken
thai spiced bbq shrimp
tuna stuffed zucchini
banana almond and chocolate ice cream
banana berry soft serve
banana split cheesecake bites
blueberry-pomegranate ice lollies
chocolate hazelnut ice cream
creamy baked pears
grilled peaches with gingersnaps
no bake peanut butter nuggets
nutella fudge pops
peanut butter and chocolate ice cream
raw carrot cake
raw tropical ice cream
roasted maple papaya
sweet potato pie
vanilla ice cream
vegan and gluten free, peanut butter, caramel cheesecake
88 healthy snacks under 100kcal
apples peanut butter slices
chocolate chip balls
chocolate chip cookies
cinnamon fruit kebobs
frozen banana bites
frozen fruit pops
frozen yogurt blackberries
frozen yogurt strawberries
fruity fun skewers
no bake healthy protein bars
peanut butter cups
pizza roll ups
roasted chick peas
skinny coconut cupcakes
strawberry and mango fruit roll up
berry watermelon smoothie
blueberry banana smoothie
blueberry coconut water frosty
chocolate cranberry smoothie
coconut hot chocolate
cranberry and banana smoothie
fresh orange juice smoothie
grapefruit pink smoothie
green lemon and pineapple smoothie
green tea mango smoothie
healthy vegan breakfast smoothie
mocha coconut frappuccino
mocha madness recovery shake
peanut butter, banana green smoothie
strawberry, blueberry smoothie
strawberry lemonade frosty
strawberry shortcake smoothie
sweet pomegranate smoothie
sweet potato hot cocoa
tasty fruit smoothie
vegan almond butter banana shake
vegan cashew ripple strawberry shake
vegan chamomile banana shake
vegan chocolate raspberry smoothie
vegan chocolate s’mores shake
vegan chocolate, strawberry, banana shake
vegan double chocolate chip shake
vegan peaches and cream smoothie
vegan peachy hemp protein smoothie
vegan secret ingredient matcha shake
vegan secret ingredient vanilla shake
vegan wild blueberry shake
virgin peachy lychee daiquiri
whipped strawberry lemonade
chocolate peanut butter
fig jam with lavender, thyme and walnuts
peanut butter fruit dip
GREAT HEALTHY FOOD BLOGS:
displayed by calories
Recipes for Pies and Tarts! (recipes)
Need some pie baking ideas for this Thanksgiving?! Wait no more!
- All-American Apple Pie
- Apple and Pear Pie
- Apple Caramel Cheesecake Pie with Toasted Pecans
- Apple Cider Pie
- Apple Galette
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Apricot Pie
- Autumn Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Blueberries ‘n Cream Pie
- Blueberry LatticePie
- Blueberry-Almond Tart
- Blueberry-Apple StreuselPie
- Blueberry-Peach Galettes
- Buttermilk Pie
- Caramel Apple Pie
- Cherry Pie
- Cherry Pie with Cream Cheese Pastry Crust
- Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Pie
- Coconut & Lime Cream Cheese Pie
- Coconut Custard PieCoconut Custard Pie with Whipped Cream Topping
- Coconut Pie
- Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Decadent Chocolate Ganache Pie
- Dutch Apricot Pie
- Early American Buttermilk Pie
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Egg Custard Pie
- French Apple Tart
- Fresh Blueberry Pie
- Fresh Cherry Cobbler
- Fresh Lemon Curd Tart
- Fresh Lemon Meringue Pie
- Fresh Raspberry Tart with Lemon Filling
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Grandma’s Rhubarb Pie
- Grandma’s Fresh Cherry Pie
- Grape Pie
- Individual Nectarine Tarts
- Innkeeper Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Key West Key Lime Pie
- Lattice Cherry Pie
- Latticed Peach Pie with Peach Brandy
- Lattice-Top Mulberry or Blackberry Pie
- Lemon Apple Chess Pie
- Lemon Tart with a Lemon Pecan Crust
- Lemon-Buttermilk Meringue Pie
- Lime Custard Tart
- L’orange and Citron Cream Cheese Tarte
- Macadamia Nut Pineapple Tart
- Margarita Key Lime Pie
- Microwave Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Milky Way Tarts
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cream Tart
- Old Fashion Fresh Apricot Pie
- Old Time Chess Pie
- Old-Fashion Apple Pie
- Old-Fashion Blueberry Pie
- Old-Fashion Fruit Tart
- Old-Fashion Pecan Pie
- Old-Fashion Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
- Old-Fashioned English Custard Tart
- Oven Fried Apple Pies
- Peach Custard Pie
- Pear and Almond Cream Tart
- Pear and Almond Tart
- Pear Praline Pie
- Pear Tarte Tatin
- Pecan Streusel Apricot Pie
- Plum Galette
- Plum Pie Augusto
- Puff Pastry Apple Tart
- Raspberry Sour Cream Tart
- Recipe for Cookie Crumb Crust
- Rum Raisin Apple Pie
- Rustic Chocolate Raspberry Heart Tart
- Scrumptious Strawberry Tart
- Shoofly Pie
- Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- Southern Fried Fruit Pies
- Spiced Peach Galettes
- Strawberry Almond Chocolate Tart
- Strawberry Hazelnut Tart
- Strawberry S’More Tart
- Summer Cherry Pie
- Summer Tart
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Very Lemon Pie
- Vinegar Pie
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Pie
- Walnut Fudge Pie
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Tart
- Worlds Best Apple Pie
Knock out your fiber needs with cholesterol-lowering oatmeal! Just one serving of oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) has 2 grams of soluble fiber. According to the Mayo Clinic, 10 grams or more of soluble fiber daily decreases your total and LDL (bad) cholesterol. We’ve got tasty ways to get your day started right by enjoying high-fiber oatmeal. For each bowl, start with 1/2 cup of instant or dry oatmeal. Cook according to package directions, then add our delicious themed toppings.
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
You’ll definitely love the pumpkin flavor in this sweet bowl of oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin butter
* 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Nutrition: 137 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 44 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Oatmeal
This recipe is a staff favorite! The oats blend right in with the hash browns for a south-of-the-border taste.
* 1/4 cup cooked hash brown potatoes
* 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 tablespoon salsa
Nutrition: 244 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 13 mg chol., 310 mg sodium, 29 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Tropical Coconut Oatmeal
Get whisked away to the tropics with a bet-you-never-tried-it combo of flavors in this oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped
* 2 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
* 2 tablespoons dried pineapple
Nutrition: 262 cal., 13 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 54 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 4 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Hot Cocoa Oatmeal
Think hot cocoa mix only goes a mug? We’ve re-envisioned it as an oatmeal topper.
* 1 tablespoon instant hot cocoa mix
* 2 tablespoons mini marshmallows
Nutrition: 221 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 156 mg sodium, 44 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Bacon & Salsa Oatmeal
This oatmeal recipe proves that you can still enjoy bacon on a heart-healthy diet if you eat it in moderation.
* 1 strip chopped, cooked bacon
* 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons diced tomato
* 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Nutrition: 172 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 17 mg chol., 295 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 2 g fiber, 10 g pro.
- Blueberry Nut Oatmeal
No pancakes here! Transition traditional flapjacktoppers into oatmeal flavor-boosters.
* 1/4 cup blueberries
* 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Nutrition: 204 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 7 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Apple Crisp Oatmeal
Crisp apples, granola, and almonds put bite in your oatmeal bowl.
* 1/2 cup chopped apple
* 2 tablespoons low-fat granola
* 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
* 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
Nutrition: 200 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 40 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 5 g fiber, 6 g pro.
- Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal
A dab of peanut butter and a sprinkle of chocolate chips are all you need to jazz up your oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
Nutrition: 257 cal., 14 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 78 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Turtle Sundae Oatmeal
Pure indulgence, this sweet treat hardly seems like another boring oatmeal breakfast.
* 1/4 cup fat-free whipped dessert topping
* 2 tablespoons pecans
* 1 tablespoon sugar-free caramel dessert topping
Nutrition: 252 cal., 12 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 45 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Trail Mix Oatmeal
Bring trail mix to your breakfast table by tossing the grab-and-go bits on your oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons mix dried fruit bits
* 2 tablespoons dry-roasted mixed nuts
* 1 tablespoon flaxseed
Nutrition: 276 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 18 mg sodium, 33 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g pro. Can’t get enough oats? Read on for even morerecipes that use this heart-smart whole grain.
When I got home from work, I rounded up my little sous chefs and we set to work making apple cinnamon cookies from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. It was Mother’s Day and this mama wanted some cookies!
I love making cookies with my boys so it was fun baking a batch that were tasty and healthy. Yes, skeptics, those two adjectives can go hand in hand. These cookies are really simple to make and they’re sweet enough to satisfy this reformed sugar addict. Plus, the smell of baked apples, cinnamon, coconut, and almonds is HEAVENLY!
The recipe and my step-by-step photos after the jump…
88 Snacks Under 100 Calories
Originally from The Greatist
- Mini PB&F: One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana [this size] dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.
- Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.
- Honeyed Yogurt: ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.
- Spiced Orange: One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden.
- Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
- Stuffed Figs: Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Oats n’ Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup freshberries.
- Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares.
- Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.
- Chocolate Milk: 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.
- Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (like Motts). Or, try this homemade version!
- Citrus-Berry Salad: 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt: ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup… like this!
- Chocolate Pudding: One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.
- Tropical Juice Smoothie: ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.
- Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.
- MYO Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
- Baked Apple: One tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender.
- Fruity Waffles: One 7-grain frozen waffle toasted and topped with ¼ cup fresh mixed berries.
- Skinny S’more: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers & Peanut butter: Two graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cereal and Milk: ½ cup rice krispies with ½ cup skim milk.
- Milk n’ Cookies: Five animal crackers with ½ cup skim milk.
- Warm Spiced Cider: 6 ounces apple cider with sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg, warmed.
- Citrus Sherbet: ½ cup lime sherbet (about one standard-sized ice-cream scoop) with ½ sliced kiwi.
- Café Latte: 8 ounces steamed skim milk with 1 shot espresso.
- Jelly Beans: 25 of ‘em! Although we don’t recommend these.
- Marshmallow Pear: ½ pear diced and topped with 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff.
- Protein Shake: One scoop protein powder with 8 ounces water (choose from tasty powder flavors like cookies n’ cream and chocolate peanut butter!).
- M.Y.O. Popsicle: 8 ounces lemonade frozen in an ice pop mold, or use a small paper cup as a mold.
- Apple Chips: Munch on ¾ cup of kinds like these, or use this recipe
- Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
- Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).
- Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.
- Dippy Egg: Oneover easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).
- Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- “Cheesy” Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast— it’ll taste like real cheese!
- Guacamole stuffed Egg Whites: Halve a hardboiled egg, remove yolk, and stuff the empty space with 2 tablespoons guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro and salt).
- Grilled Spinach and Feta Polenta: 3 oz polenta (about the size of a deck of cards) cooked with 1 ½ cups water and topped with 1 teaspoon feta cheese and a handful spinach.
- Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Dijon Pretzels: Two pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Crunchy Curried Tuna Salad: ½ cup canned tuna with 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, and two ribs celery (chopped).
- Greek Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Shrimp Cocktail: Eight medium sized shrimp boiled and served with 2 tablespoons classic cocktail sauce.
- Smoked Beef Jerky: About 1 ounce— look for low sodium versions!
- Cheddar and Tomato Soup: ½ cup tomato soup with 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.
- Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale— stems removed— baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
- Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and three slices of cucumber.
- Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard.
- Mixed Olives: About 8 olives.
- Antipasto Plate: One Pepperocini, a ½ inch cube of cheddar cheese, one slice pepperoni, and one olive.
- Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Choco-Soy Nuts: 3 tablespoons soy nuts with 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.
- Wasabi Peas: About ⅓ cup of these green treats.
- Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction.
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus: Four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°.
- Cucumber salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar.
- Spinach and Feta Egg-White Scramble: Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with ½ cup rawspinach and 1 tbsp feta cheese. Cook in frying pan or zap in microwave until egg whites are no longer runny (about 1-2 minutes).
- Crunchy Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Chick Pea Salad: ¼ chickpeas with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes.
- Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender.
- Pretzels & Cream Cheese: 15mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.
- Bacon Brussels Salad: Seven brussel spouts thinly sliced and mixed with one piece lean bacon, chopped.
- Rosemary Potatoes: ⅓ cup thinly sliced potato tossed with 1 teaspoons olive oil and a teaspoon of chopped rosemary.
- Spicy Black Beans: ¼ cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Caprese Salad: 1 ounce (hockey puck sized) of fresh mozzarella with ½ cup cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Goldfish: About 40 fishies…try the cheddar kind!
- Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa.
- Mini Ham Sandwich: Two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf.
- Lox Bagel: ½ whole-wheat mini bagel with two thin slices of lox.
Sweet & Salty
- Chocolate Trail Mix: Eight almonds, four chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon raisins.
- Apples and Cheese: 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick with half of a baseball-sized apple (any variety), sliced.
- PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- Cottage Cheese Melon Boat: 1 cup melon balls with ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese.
- Carrot and Raisin Salad: 1 cup shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons raisins and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Tropical Cottage Cheese: ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup fresh mango and pineapple, chopped.
- Blue-Cheese Stuffed Apricots: Three dried apricots with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.
- Rice Cake and Almond Butter: One rice cake (try brown rice!) with 2 teaspoons almond butter.
- Sweet n’ Spicy Pecans: Five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Apples n’ Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crackers: Four wheat thins dipped in 1 teaspoon Nutella (or other hazelnut spread).
- Strawberry Salad: 1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic.
- Cacao-Roasted Almonds: Pop in eight almonds like these!